Hugging therapy is a powerful way of healing both mental and physical ailments.
Hugging (and also laughter) is extremely effective at healing sickness, disease, loneliness, depression, anxiety and stress. … The nurturing touch of a hug builds trust and a sense of safety.
LIfe can really throw you for a loop and when that happens you want support and guidance. Have you ever thought that you could get that from a hug? Hug Therapy can do that for you through a proper technique and intention that I have learned and used in my coaching practice for years.
With Hug therapy you will:
- Balance the nervous system. The galvanic skin response of someone receiving and giving a hug shows a change in skin conductance. The effect in moisture and electricity in the skin suggests a more balanced state in the nervous system – parasympathetic.
- Feel the nurturing touch of a hug that will build trust and a sense of safety. This helps with open and honest communication.
- Hugs can instantly boost oxytocin levels, which heal feelings of loneliness, isolation, and anger.
- Hugging relaxes muscles. Hugs release tension in the body. Hugs can take away pain; they soothe aches by increasing circulation into the soft tissues.
From the time we’re born our family’s touch shows us that we’re loved and special. The associations of self-worth and tactile sensations from our early years are still imbedded in our nervous system as adults. The cuddles we received from our Mom and Dad while growing up remain imprinted at a cellular level, and hugs remind us at a somatic level of that. Hugs, therefore, connect us to our ability to self love.
- Self Love
- Self Esteem
- Self Worth
These things are just as essential as we grow older as they were when we were infants. This reinforcement of self worth as an adult plays an intrical part in deciding how we live our lives. Depression, anxiety and feelings of unworthiness come throughout our lives. Hug Therapy can put you back on track to living a happier, healthier life.
The energy exchange between the people hugging is an investment in the relationship. It encourages empathy and understanding. It’s synergistic…
When it comes to healing on a mental, spiritual and physical level, Hug therapy can do it all!
Look at what else can hugging help you with:
- Holding a hug for an extended time lifts one’s serotonin levels, elevating mood and creating happiness.
- Hugs strengthen the immune system. The gentle pressure on the sternum and the emotional charge this creates activates the Solar Plexus Chakra. This stimulates the thymus gland, which regulates and balances the body’s production of white blood cells, which keep you healthy and disease free.
- Hugging boosts self-esteem.
- Hugs are so much like meditation and laughter. They teach us to let go and be present in the moment. They encourage us to flow with the energy of life. Hugs get you out of your circular thinking patterns and connect you with your heart and your feelings and your breath.